Wednesday 12 November 2014

Almost Wordless Wednesday

My Almost Wordless Wednesday features yet another image from this past year that took my breath away. In my career I have been fortunate and privileged to be present at a myriad of Jewish weddings and I have seen many different styles of chuppot. The chuppah (for those wondering) is the canopy under which Jewish couples marry. Without delving into too much history and custom, it basically represents the home the couple will make together and the openness on all sides represents the hospitality that will be shown within that home. The cloth covering above is symbolic of the presence of the Divine Being enveloping the new marriage in a state of kiddushin or holiness.

I have never before seen a chuppah as truly magnificent as the one at Younger Son's recent marriage to his B'shert. It was designed as a wedding gift by a dear friend of my son's. Sarah is a talented textile artist who wanted to do something special for the bride and groom. She transcended even the highest of expectations. If you are looking for something truly unique for your wedding, I urge you to consider contacting Sarah at Motif Textiles or find her on Facebook

Chuppah at sunset
Hebrew names of bride and groom surrounding a rose
**photos by Eli Amon

No comments:

Post a Comment