Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Muppets Are Coming!

Something a bit lighter for hump day.

The Muppets are coming and I couldn't be more excited. I have always been a huge fan. I still have a scrapbook that I started from the earliest days of the Muppet Show back in the mid-seventies. Jim Henson was at his hottest back then and at that time he graced the cover of every major magazine. I still have many of those. I own original plush dolls of Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal, Scooter and Fozzie.



I have all of the original episodes of the show on DVD, have seen all of the movies, and own several books. Two dear friends recently reminded me of a birthday cake that they designed for me in the shape of Miss Piggy. I wasn't a kid, either. I was 18. I used to have several Miss Piggy pins and stickers on my guitar strap. The only reason that I removed them was because they broke. I still have former students stop me and ask me where Miss Piggy disappeared to. Geek? Of course I am! But you knew that already, didn't you?

So when Disney announced a rebooted movie with all of my beloved original characters, I took notice. I can't wait for the release next week and I do plan to be in a theatre revelling in Muppetmania very soon. Of course along with the movie comes the inevitable Muppet merchandise. Kermit mugs and Piggy lingerie. T-shirts galore! (I personally love this one!) A whole host of Muppet paraphernalia. But the best product tie-in of all comes from nail polish maker OPI.  In honour of the new theatrical release they have developed an entire line of Muppet colours.




With names like "Fresh Frog of Bel Air", "Warm and Fozzie", and "Getting Miss Piggy with It" these nail colours are destined to become classics. (Seriously-how much do I love this!!)

The guitar player in me usually prevents painting my nails. It seems like such a waste of time to polish only to have them chip and crack with my next chord or strum. Not so now. I am headed out today in search of the Muppet collection and plan on a painting party. I mean, really! Who could resist decorating oneself with "The Rainbow Connection".


The Muppet Movie opens next week on November 23rd. 

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!!!! I was at Visage the other day and saw the Muppet OPI display and thought it was FABULOUS!!! Happy hump day to you as well!

    ReplyDelete