- Why is it that every single article, news feed or electronic media story on ponzi-scheme mastermind Bernard Madoff makes specific mention of the fact that he is a Jewish financier, but a feel-good story like that of Miami banker Leonard Abess giving more than 60 million dollars of his own bonus money to loyal staff members ignores his Jewish heritage? Is there a Jew=money grubbing stereo-typing at work here? Hmmmm?
- Why is it that the Republican party is pinning their hopes on a clearly untested and unfit for national office neophyte like Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal? His response to the president's speech last night was odd, choppy, poorly delivered and panned by left and right-wing pundits alike. Could it be because the party of exclusion is chomping at the bit to become the party of inclusion, and a leader of colour is exactly what they require right now? Hmmmm?
- Why is it that we laugh and giggle at "plumber's butt" when we see it in trade workers, but we gawk at the "whale tale" of a young hot woman? Isn't a butt crack a butt crack? Hmmmm?
- Why is it that 74 degrees and breezy is "fricking freezing" in South Florida in February, but 74 degrees and breezy is shorts and tank tops weather in Toronto in July? Hmmmm?
- Why is it that it seems to be ok and perfectly legal for a major aboriginal leader to spew hatred and filth at Jews, and these invectives are continually repeated verbatim in both TV and newspaper recounts of the incident, but it isn't ok to say fuck on television? Hmmmm?
- Why is it perfectly reasonable for the Maple Leafs to be the laughingstock of the league in perpetuity with no Cup in sight for at least a generation, and yet raise ticket prices in a time of recession? Hmmmmm?
- Why is it ok for the Carolina Panthers football team to spend millions of dollars signing 3 elite players this week, while laying off 20 staff members from the office that have been loyal to the team since its inception? The team says that the economy made the layoffs necessary. Hmmmmmm?
- Why is it that nobody in South Florida seems to be able to sit through a 2 1/2 hour movie without talking, crunching paper, answering their phones, getting up 3 or more times, changing a baby (seriously!!) or some other activity better done elsewhere? Hmmmmm?
Feel free to add your own to the list. Happy Wednesday all!!