A few things that have been gnawing at me. You may comment at will!
1. Why is it okay for television programs to publicize "ripped from the headline" shows and then deny that they have any basis in fact? (Law and Order-Are you listening? Ba Bum!!)
2. Why would anybody attempt to place a phone-in vote for American Idol or Dancing with the Stars for upwards of three hours, but neglect to vote in a federal election?
3. Why would anyone believe that high calorie foods eaten in small amounts contain more calories than low calorie foods eaten in much larger amounts? Over half of Americans believe just that!!
4. Why is a movie trailer at the beginning of a film? Doesn't a trailer, by definition, belong at the end?
5. Why does the dry cleaner charge markedly more to clean a woman's white blouse as opposed to a man's white shirt? Do we sweat more and create more staining?
6. Why is the husband so pleased at the thought of beating his mother to a pulp at scrabbulous? He positively glows when the game is in hand. Is this any way for a son to treat his mother?
7. Paris Hilton? Explain!!
8. Why is our favourite sports team called the Maple Leafs and not the Maple Leaves?
9. Why do men need someone to blame when something in the house breaks? Case in point: "You opened the door wrong and that is why the knob came off!" I didn't realize that there was a right way and a wrong way to twist a knob and open a door!
10. What do the numbers on Lost really mean?
11. What exactly is a Hoosier? (This one has bothered me for 30 years!)
12. Customer service? An oxymoron for the new millennium!
13. Why are we having November weather in May? Does this mean we will get May weather in November or does this mean we will have November forever and ever?
14. How is it that Harrison Ford and Sylvester Stallone can make action movies while collecting social security, but women actresses in Hollywood can't get hired over the age of 35?
15. Stupidity defined? 249km/hr on the 400!