Monday 23 March 2020

Musings from Self-Isolation-Day 7

Day 7

I don't think that I have ever seen our Prime Minister as angry as he was today in his briefing. Never known for getting his dander up, the PM was clearly pissed off this morning.

"Social distancing, physical distancing, is the single best way to keep the people around you safe,” Trudeau said. “If you choose to ignore that advice…you’re not just putting yourself at risk, you’re putting others at risk as well.”

He continued, “Enough is enough. People need to stay at home as much as possible.”

You can watch the clip for yourselves here.


In order to support my Prime Minister, my Premier, my Mayor, and my country, today is my angry post.

STAY THE FUCK HOME!

How many times do you people need to be told?

We travelled home a week ago and have been in social isolation ever since. I haven't been outside of my apartment with the sole exception of taking the garbage out. And...in order to accomplish that task, I had to wait for a specified time that has been designated to self-isolators in our building; call building management in order to let them know we were indeed taking the garbage out, and then a cleaning staff came into the garbage room to disinfect it after we left.

I don't have a balcony or a backyard. I can't just climb out of my fourteenth-floor window to get some fresh air. Yes, we have opened them when the weather has permitted, but for the most part, we have been stuck inside. I'm not looking for sympathy or commiseration. I'm just stating my current reality.

Why?

Because we are STAYING THE FUCK HOME!

We didn't stop for groceries on the way home when we went into isolation because we were instructed not to. I had been away for over four months and had next to nothing in my fridge or pantry but through the kindness of friends and a few orders from Instacart, we have managed to cobble together supplies. I didn't run to the grocery store, the health food store, or the pharmacy. We are in self-isolation and we are  (all together now...)

STAYING THE FUCK HOME!

If you are returning from vacation or snowbirding and you are out in the grocery store, you are selfishly putting your needs ahead of public health. I don't give a flying fuck if you only went for an hour and practiced "social distancing". You could have carried the virus into that store and endangered every single person there and those that they ultimately come in contact with. Don't gather with friends. Don't shop.

STAY THE FUCK HOME!

By the way...if you think this is a political situation, the Premier just said effectively the same thing. He is pissed off, too.

A few random thoughts.

I'm doing laundry today. I'm fortunate that I have machines in our unit. Other condo and apartment dwellers aren't so lucky. If you know of somebody in self-isolation that can't access laundry and you have the ability to help, well...you know what to do.

I am seeing some chatter amongst my MOT friends about what Pesach seders might look like. I'd like to share this letter from the Toronto Board of Rabbis.


Act accordingly.

Today's music break is Dido with an oldie but a very relevant tune.


Wash your hands, don't touch your face, be kind, stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment