Friday 3 June 2016

Esa Einai

Esa einai el heharim, 
me'ayin yavo ezri

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains.
From where does my help come?  

Ezri me'im Adonai, 
Oseh shamayim va'aretz 

My help comes from Adonai, 
who made heaven and earth.  (Psalm 121)


I spent a huge chunk of my time today believing that I was staring into the face of the Almighty.

How could one feel anything less when gazing upon the majesty that is the Rocky Mountains from the summit of Sulfur Mountain in Banff Alberta?

God exists for me here because here I feel the natural presence of creation. Here I feel the need to utter words of thanks and prayer for the simple beauty that comes with the wholesome, the unrefined, the organic. Here I remember the music of benediction, the rhythm of invocation, the beat of devotion.

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains....

Today on the top of a mountain I saw God.

From where does my help come?

Today on the top of a mountain I felt spiritual strength manifest into physical strength.

My help comes from Adonai,

Today on the top of a mountain I knew unequivocally that I was not alone.

Who made heaven and earth.

Today on the top of a mountain I saw heaven and earth touch and together become infused with an intense spirit of holiness.

God walked with me today and I felt invigorated.



No comments:

Post a Comment